How EdTech platforms are boosting global citizenship through international student mobility
Data from several countries corroborate this trend as more and more people identify themselves as global citizens
The world is witnessing a rise in global citizenship. Global citizenship is a term based on the belief that people exist beyond geographical and political borders. Their civic rights and responsibilities stem from humanity and are not limited to their local communities or countries. Data from several countries corroborate this trend as more and more people identify themselves as global citizens.
International student mobility rests upon this notion of cosmopolitanism. Higher education institutions worldwide are enabling students with skills to survive and thrive in diverse environments. Countries employ international exchanges’ soft power to build goodwill and exhibit their willingness to foster diversity.
Higher education executives believe it is critical to develop a compelling online experience as the COVID-19 pandemic accelerates the drive to blended learning. Despite the technological advancements that have occurred in education, many students are still going back to school or enrolling in institutions in foreign lands. Studying abroad can give students an opportunity to learn through life-changing and immersive global experiences. Students who study abroad have the skills to interact in a variety of cultures and have the ability to adapt to new situations.
In this sustainable era, students are leveraging technological advancement to connect with the rest of the world. These Top 5 edtech platforms below have come up as a savior to help students make informed decisions regarding their education and career.
Here are the Top 5 edtech platforms which changes the mindset of overseas education aspirants:
- iSchoolConnect Technologies – iSchoolConnect is India’s leading and most trusted overseas education consultant in the global higher education industry that leverages cutting-edge AI technology. While it takes 200+ hours for one student to cover the entire application cycle, iSchoolConnect brings this down to 24 hours. Their scalable technology can sift through 2800+ universities & 300K+ programs to give profile-based recommendations. The other offerings, such as the Writing Mentor Tool and Video Interview Analyzer, help students receive instant feedback on college essays/SOPs and university and visa interview performance. iSchoolConnect is the simple one-stop shop for all your higher education requirements. iSCs cutting-edge EdTech platform helps you apply to universities around the globe and study abroad. As one of the best overseas education consultants in the world, iSchoolConnect supports students every step of the way, helping save both time and money. The company’s state of the art AI-platform can scan through a vast collation of documents, recommend programs, and even arrange mock interviews, all within a matter of seconds.
2. Study Group: Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for their students and partners. For 25 years, Study Group has been working with leading universities across the UK, Europe, North America, and Australasia. They nurture ambitious students from diverse academic backgrounds and prepare them for success at their chosen university through our on-campus International Study Centers. Their programs provide the language, academic and social skills that students need for university progression and continued success after they graduate. Each year they enroll over 30,000 students from more than 140 countries. India has been identified as one of the top growth opportunities for Study Group in 2020 and will be an integral contribution to achieving Study Group’s Vision 2022 strategy. The mission is to deliver an additional 800 new student enrolments (NSEs), to achieve significant market growth in India from 2020 onwards.
3. Leverage Edu: Leverage Edu is India’s most trusted study abroad Ed-Tech platform providing full-stack services to students pursuing international education and careers. Headquartered in New Delhi, with offices in Hyderabad, Pune, and the recently launched European office in the UK, Leverage Edu offers specialized services along with various tech products such as Univalley- aimed at bringing together universities and students, Uniconnect- the World’s leading virtual education fair platform that helps 150+ universities connect with thousands of students, helping students apply in real-time and financial services.
4. Leap Scholar: Founded in 2019, Leap Scholar is South Asia’s largest overseas study abroad platform with products & services in overseas education. Leap Scholar has pioneered the ‘platform way’ of end-to-end services for students pursuing international education and careers and has a thriving community of 1M+ students. It aims to help build a network of bright Indian students looking for International education with a vision to assist future leaders in pursuing their international careers. It’s a one-stop solution for all the need to kick start a global education dream – from exam prep, and choosing the right university to help with application and financing counseling to lining up job interviews.
5. Yocket: Founded in 2015, Yocket is today the largest community-driven online platform for international education. They help students aspiring to study abroad by connecting them to the best universities in the world. To date, Yocket has helped more than 600,000 students plan their international education. Yocket for Students: Yocket is the perfect place to start your research and understand the process of studying in countries such as the USA, Australia, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, and many more. Yocket uses data science and ML combined with the power of the user community to accurately match students to more than 50,000 courses and specializations from 1200 international universities. Further, there’s access to application deadlines and tools to track universities’ decisions, prepare for tests, or connect with alumni and university reps. Yocket for University Representatives: Yocket is a great online platform to reach out to thousands of aspirants from India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Nigeria, and many more countries.
Innovative Ideas and Breakthroughs from NMIMS MPSTME Civil Engineering
The department has published two patents, research papers at international conferences
The Civil Engineering department of NMIMS MPSTME has been making significant strides in the field of disaster management, flood resilience, and sustainable infrastructure. The department has published two patents, research papers at international conferences, and completed several student-led projects on topics such as renewable energy, groundwater modelling, and self-healing concrete.
The first patent, ‘Automated Flood Water Regulating Multipurpose System,’ proposes a novel approach to flood resilience by constructing multipurpose wells on the banks of rivers to discharge excess water and generate hydropower. The second patent, ‘Aqua Barrier,’ is an automated mechanism that can protect any flood-prone area, regardless of its size, from any disasters caused due to water.
The student-led projects are equally impressive, with topics ranging from low-volume rural concrete roads to oscillating tidal wave energy converters. These projects showcase the department’s focus on sustainable infrastructure, renewable energy, and innovative design.
The faculty at NMIMS MPSTME Civil Engineering department, led by Head, Dr. Meenal Mategaonkar and Research coordinator, Dr. Jigisha Vashi, played a vital role in guiding and mentoring students toward research excellence. Their expertise and guidance have enabled students to participate and win awards in prestigious competitions such as the CDRI’s ‘Imagining Disaster Resilient Structures’ and The University of Queensland’s ‘Engineering Design Challenge, and AAKAR at IIT Bombay.’
The department’s success is further evidenced by the achievements of its students in national and international conferences. Students presented their research papers in Scopus Indexed papers and conferences such as the 9th Indian Young Geotechnical Engineering Conference and the Eighth Indian Young Geotechnical Conference.
Dr. Meenal Mategaonkar, Head of the Civil Engineering Department, MPSTME, NMIMS, said, “The achievements of the NMIMS MPSTME Civil Engineering department demonstrate its commitment to developing innovative solutions for complex problems in the field of civil engineering. The department’s focus on sustainable infrastructure, disaster resilience, and renewable energy is essential for addressing the challenges faced by society today. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication of both students and faculty and their commitment to excellence.”
Embark on a Journey of Scientific Empowerment with NMIMS School of Science’s Innovative Programs!
The school is known for its strong emphasis on academic excellence, research, and innovation, and is recognized as one of the leading science schools in the country
SVKM’s NMIMS Sunandan Divatia School of Science (SDSOS) has officially announced the commencement of the admissions process for its Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral programs. The school is known for its strong emphasis on academic excellence, research, and innovation, and is recognized as one of the leading science schools in the country.
Aspiring students who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of science can now apply for various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs offered by SDSOS. The Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) programs are available in Applied Psychology, Biomedical Science, and Animation and VFX, while the Master of Science (M.Sc.) programs are offered in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Applied Psychology, and Physiotherapy. The school also offers Ph.D. program in Science with various disciplines such as Chemistry, and Biological Sciences.
With a focus on creating industry-ready and research-savvy graduates, SDSOS has been at the forefront of imparting cutting-edge knowledge and practical skills through constantly evolving curriculums and state-of-the-art facilities and is situated in the heart of Mumbai.
Dr. Purvi Bhatt, I/C Dean, Sunandan Divatia School of Science, said, “The school provides a dynamic and inclusive learning environment that fosters creativity, critical thinking, and innovation. Our interdisciplinary approach to education prepares students for successful careers in science and beyond, while our emphasis on co-curricular and extracurricular activities ensures their holistic development.”
The school has a student-centric environment that supports research in niche areas of Science & Technology, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and equipment to enhance students’ hands-on skills, and a library facility that is constantly updated with the latest information. The labs at SDSOS provide modernised infrastructure and the latest equipment such as the animal tissue culture lab and the wet labs at the department of Biological Sciences offer cutting-edge technology to mould students into scientists.
School of Science offers a wide range of opportunities for students to explore their talents and interests, as well as gain valuable practical experience. The events and activities mentioned, such as Excalibur, National Science Day, Open day, Guest talks, Book Talk, Sports Day, Psych Film Fest, and club activities like photography and art, these programs provide a platform for students to demonstrate their abilities and gain insights from their peers.
The Future of Architecture Takes Center Stage at NMIMS BSSA
Leach is a co-founder of Digital FUTURES and an academician at the Academy of Europe
NMIMS Balwant Sheth School of Architecture was excited to host Open Studio 2022-23 program by the renowned architectural theorist and digital design expert, Neil Leach, on 28th March 2023 and the title was, “Tell me that AI ain’t scary”
Leach is a co-founder of Digital FUTURES and an academician at the Academy of Europe. Leach has published over 40 books on architectural theory and digital design, including “Architecture in the Age of Artificial Intelligence: An Introduction to AI for Architects” and “The AI Design Revolution: How AI Will Transform Architecture.”
In the lecture, Leach highlighted the potential threat that artificial intelligence (AI) poses to the field of architecture. With the recent launch of GPT4 and the growing capabilities of AI, there is concern among architects that their jobs may be at risk. Leach provided an informed overview of the current state of AI and its potential impact on the architecture profession.
“We are very happy and proud to host Professor Neil Leach at the school. As a leading school of architecture, we are committed to providing our students with a comprehensive education that equips them with the skills and knowledge needed to thrive in the rapidly evolving field of design. Our Open Studio program and public lectures, and talks by experts like Neil Leach, play a critical role in this mission by enabling students to learn from distinguished scholars and practitioners and engage with cutting-edge ideas and technologies. We are excited to continue providing these opportunities and look forward to seeing the impact they will have on the future of architecture and design,” said, BSSA Dean, Dr. Kaiwan Mehta. As the field of architecture continues to evolve, it is essential to stay informed about emerging technologies and their potential impact on the profession. NMIMS BSSA School enables students to learn from experts and engage with pressing issues in architecture and design. By inviting renowned scholars and practitioners like Neil Leach to share their insights and expertise, the school provides a valuable opportunity for students to expand their knowledge and deepen their understanding of the field.
Business & Economy1 year ago
NSE Academy Limited collaborates with HDFC Mutual Fund for financial awareness program
Edu News2 months ago
Innovative Ideas and Breakthroughs from NMIMS MPSTME Civil Engineering
Science & Technology3 months ago
3D-printed revolving devices can sense how they are moving
Business & Economy10 months ago
Using artificial intelligence to control digital manufacturing
Edu News1 year ago
Technique protects privacy when making online recommendations
Edu News12 months ago
Astronomers discover a multiplanet system nearby
Edu News12 months ago
Stronger security for smart devices
Edu News1 year ago
Search reveals eight new sources of black hole echoes